The Dentistry service is provided by Matthew Oxford (BVM&S GPCert(SAS) MRCVS). Matthew provides an experienced and independent veterinary dental service, offering referral and second opinion treatment for all aspects of dentistry in domestic pets.
We use digital dental radiography and have a dedicated dental theatre equipped to deal with any dental or oral surgery cases. We have the back up of full veterinary hospital facilities and nursing to ensure the highest level of care for our patients.
Our experienced clinicians provide treatment for the following conditions:
- Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment for fractured or devitalised teeth)
- Feline Oral Diseases (Tooth Resorption and Chronic Gingivostomatitis)
- Oral Surgery (traumatic injuries, oral neoplasia, congenital cleft palates etc)
- Treatment for Malocclusions (including Orthodontics and Crown Shortening where appropriate)
- Jaw Fracture Repairs (including minimally invasive techniques)
- Prosthodontics (tooth restoration and crown placement)
- Periodontal disease (including periodontal surgery)
- Exodontics (complex surgical extractions including root remnants)
- Zoo animal dentistry
Matthew is an extremely passionate Veterinary Dentist and established the New Forest Veterinary Dental Service in 2011. Having started by providing primary care veterinary dentistry whilst in general practice in a number of practices on the South Coast, he is now one of only a handful of clinician in the UK who provide a referral service for advanced veterinary dental and oral surgery procedures for other veterinary practices, seeing around 500 cases a year.
He spends time working with specialist ‘human’ dentists to try and carry forward new ideas from human dentistry into the veterinary field. He is active in the post graduate training of veterinary surgeons and nurses in veterinary dentistry and he holds the European Certificate in Small Animal Surgery. His main interest is in endodontic (root canal) treatment of teeth.
Referral appointments can be booked using our online form.